Four thoughts for Sunday:
Turn yourself from a mere seller of products into an indispensable partner by helping people achieve the material, emotional, health or relationship aspirations that give them hope amongst their daily life of rules and routines.
Don't give discounts without getting something back.
You can ask for:
- Signing a longer deal
- Upfront payment on entire deal
- Appearing on your podcast
Nearly everything is negotiable. Don't be surprised by what you can get if you ask confidently.
It's ok to sell at a loss if you know it will be made up by profitable return sales.
But you must know:
- Your margins
- Average # of downstream sales
- If similar, cheaper products exist
- Likelihood of that client profile returning
- How long you can financially sustain this
Building a great product isn't the hardest part of business.
Instead, it's building, keeping and growing your audience because they're bombarded daily with promises of faster, cheaper, better or different ways of doing things.
You're relevant to buyers only if you work to stay so.